- Student papers, theses, or disssertations,
- Official use by Victoria College or University of Houston-Victoria for related publications,
- Scholarly use such as a publication in a scholarly journal, and
- Use by nonprofit organizations (proof of not-for-profit status required).
This policy is as allowed under the provisions of "fair use" www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html and other U.S. Copyright laws https://www.copyright.gov/.
Fees for publication of images from the VRHC are considered on a case by case basis and may be negotiable. However, a general fee schedule is provided here. Fees assesed by an independent copyright holder (in rare cases) are separate from VRHC fees. These fees are in addition to duplication fees.
A fee of $25.00 per image will be charged for a one-time edition use for:
- Research by commercial consultants, including legal, historical, and architectural researchs, and
- Newspapers, magazines, films, or videos published locally / regionally.
For commercial publication (non-scholarly journal or mass audience books):
- Under 2,000 - $50.00
- 2,001 - 10,000 - $75.00
- 10,001-20,000 - $100.00
- 20,001-50,000 - $125.00
- 50,000 and above - $150.00
A fee of $100 per image will be charged for:
- Commercial display or exhibit,
- Other commercial ephemera (menu, brochures, posters),
- Newspapers, magazines, films, or video published nationally/internationally, and
- Commercial websites