Reference and Research Services
The following are guidelines regarding research of archives, manuscripts, and depository materials within the VRHC:
- Before visiting the VRHC, customers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our holdings by visiting our website
- For those customers who are unable to conduct their research in person, VRHC staff will perform up to 30 minutes of lookups at no charge, as time allows (Duplication fees will apply.)
- For more than 30 minutes of research by VRHC staff the charge is $25.00 per hour, payable to the University of Houston-Victoria. However, staff is limited and research for patrons is conducted only when time allows. Turnaround time may be lengthy.
- Names of local researchers for hire, if known, will be provided upon request but the VRHC will assume no further responsibility for negotiations and arrangements.
- For genealogical research: The Victoria County Genealogical Society maintains a list of genealogical researchers on their website.